26/03/2009

Funny Bits in Star Ocean 2 (39)

Rena, that doesn't make sense! I should remember you that you're the youngest of the group.
Scratch that, the whole story sequence in Lacour Castle has an awful script for Claude and Rena.

Claude gets his way and registers for the Tournament of Arms, and now they're off to find a weapon shop who shall sponsor him. The game makes sure the player knows that by making the characters repeat it more times than necessary, thus making the script even worse than it was. Rena seems a bit concerned about Claude and Dias fighting.

I thought it was worth mentioning a couple of game-play things at this point:
  • In the Tournament Claude has to fight one-on-one battles without resting in-between fights; the equipment and items he can use for all these battles depends on the sponsor you choose (and you get to keep the equipment after the tournament). I'm sure you can lose one battle (not counting the final one), but I think any more losses will result in a 'Game Over'
  • At this point in the game you can recruit a new character in Linga, and if you do you'll have one more spectator for the battles; but since I don't think any of the added lines of dialogue are funny, I'll do that later (this is also because I hope to recruit another character first)

No comments:

Post a Comment