12/03/2009

Funny Bits in Star Ocean 2 (29)

I learned a new English word today: I didn't know 'wreckless' was an actual word, so I searched some online dictionaries, and to my surprise I found it. It's nevertheless misused in this sentence here, of that I'm sure.

After brutally killing the boss of the bandits (anything accomplished by performing a move called 'Head Splitter' must be brutal), Celine shows her great sense of duty by telling Claude that saving the children is more important than her father's health at the moment; luckily Rena and Dias, who show up shortly after that, seem to have already taken care of them. After a bit of Claude vs Dias verbal exchanges, the mercenary expresses his appreciation for Claude's strength, seeing how he managed to slay the boss of the bandits, before walking away and disappearing for the rest of the sequence. The group rushes back to Mars and finds out that Eglas, Celine's father, is still alive, although in critical condition because of the 'several Heraldic spells' he had been hit with (I don't think that boss ever used any spells, what gives?). Rena's healing powers save him from certain death, and he seems to be perfectly fine by the evening. As thanks you get to stay at Celine's house for the night and listen to some advice from Eglas regarding the Sorcery Globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment